Statement of Commitment to AccessibilityMedical Arts is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all those who enter the pharmacy or access the company's information. And in so doing, demonstrates that it respects and upholds requirements set forth by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and Customer Service Standards.
Medical Arts has made a commitment to accessibility for everyone who uses the pharmacy's services because it is helpful to customers. The organization has an important responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. It is also committed to ensuring compliance, through employee training, demonstrating "best practices" and incorporating policies and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated.
The pharmacy's commitment to you includes:
- ensuring that all our staff, volunteers and third party contractors are fully trained on how to provide assistance to people with various disabilities
- helping ensure that customers with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner
- considering "individual needs" when providing goods and services
- persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices as required when accessing goods or services
- persons accompanied by a guide dog, service animal or service dog will be allowed access to premises that are open to the public
- persons accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter the premises together and will not be prevented from having access to the support person
- interactions and communication will take into account a customers particular disability and requests for alternate methods of communication will always be considered
How may we better help you? We want to know.Medical Arts welcomes feedback on how the pharmacy's accessibility practices are working. In addition to sharing your feedback in person at the store level, you may also contact us by telephone at (613) 933-0670, by fax (613) 933-9796 or by mail at 30 Thirteenth Street West, Cornwall, ON, K6H 6V9. Customers are encouraged to leave their contact information so that a response can be given. For more detailed information regarding our accessibility practices or a copy of this document in format most useful to you, please contact us at the options listed above.